Sunday, August 22, 2004

More Men In Full Makeup

Aug. 21/04

The filming of the live DVD at the Toronto concerts went well. My friends, family and colleagues were at the shows and hung out after with me. Some of my friends even drove in from London, Ontario to be there. The fireworks near the end of the Friday show were a magical sight from our perspective onstage. I hope the noise they made didn’t wreck the recording. Being at home but still on tour was such a tease. It was hard to leave home today! My taxi was taking forever when suddenly some good friends of mine who were at our concert last night just happened to get out of a cab to do a concert at a party in a backyard up the street, so I grabbed their taxi and re-joined the tour buses at the hotel for the drive to Buffalo today.

(In case you are reading this, here’s a brief note for a Toronto fan named “Pauline”: my husband told me he talked to 2 women who had just bought my CD at the show on Aug. 20 and didn’t believe him when he said, “that’s my wife”. Here’s your proof... he was having a proud-husband moment, and thank you for picking up “my little flame!”)

As we pulled into Buffalo tonight we saw motorcycles everywhere. From my hotel room I could hear an outdoor concert taking place and went for a walk to investigate. A few blocks away I found out The Buffalo Bike Blast is on, and to my surprise and delight (at the weirdness of it) the band playing was: Twisted Sister. I’m serious, it was Twisted Sister. Dee Snider in wig and makeup was lengthily instructing the crowd how to participate in the rock show. I hung out with all the bikers and watched for awhile.

Bedtime.

-KR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home