Thursday, December 02, 2004

Will You Please Come To The Front Of The Class? (Installment 2)

I am spending the first part of my day today responding to fan mail (life's not so bad!) I was replying to this message when I realised I have no direct address for this person. So, Keith of Derby, England, you might say you are being singled out! Enjoy your newfound fame. See my reply to your email below.

-KR.

* * * * * * * *

Hello Keith,
Yes, I did know that David Bowie had sung on Butterfly's cover of his song, Changes. Lucky girl! His new live DVD was filmed at the Point in Dublin. We performed at the Point on our recent tour. The venue looks bigger on his DVD, which made me wonder if it was the same place, but that could have been a camera illusion.

I'm sure I don't know if the reason Steve Winwood did not play Valerie in his Birmingham concert this year was due to his split with the said Valerie, but I can tell you that I heard Steve Winwood actually went into the studio to re-record his vocals for Eric Prydz' rehash of the song, because the new version has different lyrics from the original. Guess he's getting his song royalties...

Thank you for picking up my CD at the Bristol concert. I am not at all offended that you say it needs a couple of listens before you really enjoy it. Sigh, I guess I'll never be a flavour-of-the-month artist... (I'm okay with that). The video for Life Luxurious that appears on the enhanced re-release "My Little Flame" CD was filmed in the Toronto Beaches at dawn and dusk by Lake Ontario.

Yes, quite often our buses drove off directly after Sarah finished playing Angel. I remember that night in Nottingham you mentioned. The Hallowe'en revellers on the street were indeed a weird sight as we pulled away.

Well, Keith of Derby, England, I'm very glad you enjoyed the concerts. Thank you for the tour diary compliments.

All the best,
KR

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kathryn...

the irish nutter here again (sorry) i just thought that i would mention about your comment on The Point in Dublin...i think that a smaller section was used for the afterglow tour..it was a lot smaller than at the sheryl crow gig that i went to in june... i would say that the whole area was used for D.B....you guys had such a small playing area...was that sarah's idea or the organisers for the point...sorry i'm going to be really cheeky here (i'm irish...it's in my nature lol!) and ask do you think that you guys will be coming back soon?

anyways hope you are well rested after an amazing tour...
amy
(rockchickal@vodafone.ie)

7:30 p.m.  
Blogger AKUNAH said...

Hey Kathryn,

I hope you are not abandoning your block untill after the holidays!!?? What are you doing for CD promo's in the New Year? Snow or sun for Xmas? I noticed how your vocals were more obvious at the LIVE CD of Afterglow. Any insight on what makes a concert different if there are so many in a row? Do you like to perform with a band? Just giving you clues for a new entry, UNLESS you are taking your time to write a really long entry!!!

All the best

Susanne, aka Timbuctu86... now in London.
PS; How am I going to get your new CD signed by you???

-peace-

4:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home